AppQuantum Announces Mobile Game Developer Contest with $2.5 Million Prize Pool
Mobile publisher AppQuantum and WN Media Group have launched a contest for game developers. It focuses on casual titles in genres like Idle, Tycoon, and Merge. Winners will receive up to $1 million in marketing.
Developers can enter the contest on the official site. The organizers also ask participants to indicate the name of the engine with which the game is built and to provide a gameplay video.
To participate in the competition, developers must respect certain rules:
- Only casual mobile games are accepted (preferably the Idle, Tycoon or Merge genres);
- The game should not have a publisher;
- Games using unlicensed IP addresses are not allowed to participate in the festival.
Although there are no strict requirements for the development phase, the game must at least have a playable prototype. There are also two requirements for already released titles:
- They must be published no earlier than September 1, 2021;
- The developer must own all rights to the game.
Applications for the competition are accepted until July 10, 2022.
The contest has two prize pools. Each of them will be distributed among three winners.
The first pool is $50,000. Cash prizes will be rewarded per transfer for the developers of the top three games.
The second is $2.5 million. AppQuantum undertakes to devote this sum to the marketing of the mobile games of the winners, who will sign a publishing contract with the company.
Contest winners will be selected by a judging panel comprised of AppQuantum employees and third-party experts, including:
- Serge Himmelreich, R&D Game Design Expert at Creative Mobile;
- Valentin Merzlikin, co-founder of Neskin Games;
- Eugen Sudak, product manager at Delta Vision Games;
- Roman Goroshkin, Director of External Affairs at MY.GAMES.
The contest is part of the Publish Me! festival, which will be held online on July 21. Its first half will be devoted to talks on game development by experts in the mobile games industry, with AppQuantum announcing the winners during the second half of the festival.
More information about the contest and the Publish Me! festival can be found here.